Reconstruction work within a limited site to succeed a long history
Established in 1928, Kashiwado Hospital has always provided quality community health care services from the standpoint of patients. In order to conduct reconstruction work at the site of the hospital while it continued to operate, we had to make a plan to overcome various constraints in conducting the work. Without moving the approaches for ambulance and related services, we rearranged the plain parking space and laid out a large open space for outpatients on the south side of the building. The wards having one nursing unit on each floor were made compact mainly for the staff areas to secure shared space meeting the standard of convalescent wards. While maintaining tradition and giving the exterior design facing a main street a “resolute look,” we incorporated such new functions as a lecture hall, daycare room, in-house childcare facility, and community cooperation facility, in order to keep up with current social situations. The new Kashiwado Hospital reflects both tradition and evolution, and fully supports community health care.
|Number of beds||170|
|Total floor area||10,525.5m²|